7. The shooting at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston was committed by a sometimes transgender individual who was born as Genesse but went by Jeffrey; she also had “Free Palestine” on her rifle barrel. This will be another act of left-wing terrorism that will be ignored.
6. The Decatur police officer charged with murdering Steve Perkins after Perkins allegedly threatened a tow truck driver who was attempting to tow his car has pleaded “not guilty” and waived his arraignment. Mac Bailey Marquette’s lawyer is claiming her client did nothing wrong and acted in self-defense.
5. Lawmakers are apparently growing tired of the battle over library policy and are ready to change how these decisions are made, mostly because the lunatics making the decisions sound more like Washington state politicians than Alabama voters. Shelby County lawmakers want to appoint the library board because local elections aren’t being held as required by law, but make no mistake, more laws are coming.
4. A bill looking to spend $95 billion on foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel, Gaza (Hamas), and Taiwan passed the U.S. Senate even though it’s future in the U.S. House seems unlikely. Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-La.) wants each of these issues voted on individually, but it also seems odd that leadership of the Senate believes stripping out border control measures would make the passage of this measure more likely.
3. The push for gambling is taking on many fronts in the public relations battle to convince Alabama legislators to vote for a comprehensive gambling bill that offers a protectionist expansion of casino gambling, creates a lottery, and allows sports betting. The hooks being used include giving lawmakers flexibility to allocate new money each year, expanding Medicaid while pretending they are not, shutting down illegal casinos after legalizing some illegal casinos, and letting the people vote. While these are all good sales points on their own, the myriad issues on the table muddy the waters to the point where the bill’s passage is unlikely.
2. U.S. Rep. Gary Palmer (R-Hoover) seems to be representing most of America when he demands that the Department of Justice release transcripts from conversations that a clearly mentally diminished President Joe Biden had with the special counsel investigating his classified documents issues. Palmer accurately explained, “The most logical step from the White House should be to release the full recordings of President Biden’s deposition so the American people can listen for themselves. If the White House’s pushback against Hur’s narrative is correct, then why are they blocking the release of the recordings and transcript?”
1. U.S. Sen. Katie Britt (R-Montgomery) is the latest in a long line of Republican politicians and sane humans who accurately points out, “if President [Joe] Biden isn’t mentally fit enough to stand in a courtroom, then he’s not fit to stand in the Situation Room.” In fact, 86% of Americans and 91% of independents believe Biden is too old to be president while another poll shows 76% of Americans think he may be mentally deficient which is terrible news for the people running Joe Biden’s re-election campaign and presidency.
Dale Jackson is a thought leader for Yellowhammer News and hosts a talk show from 5-9 a.m. weekdays on WVNN, on Talk 99.5 from 10-11 a.m., and on Talk Radio 103.9 FM/730AM WUMP from noon to 1 p.m.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe today to have Alabama’s leading headlines delivered to your inbox.