Evri owner prepares £2bn sale of the business – Retail Gazette
Evri owner Advent International is preparing to sell the delivery business, valuing it at £2bn.
The private equity company is working with advisors from Rothschild to look at options for the firm, such as a potential sale, according to The Sunday Times.
Advent International purchased a 75% stake in Evri, previously Hermes UK, in 2020 for a reported £850m. The remaining 25% is owned by German retail company Otto group.
Evri’s owners extracted a £762m dividend from the delivery giant in 2022, This is Money reported.
Subscribe to Retail Gazette for free
Sign up here to get the latest news straight into your inbox each morning
Evri saw sales reach £1.4bn during 2023, making it unchanged from its previous year.
Last month, one of China’s biggest online retailers JD.com signed a deal with Evri, giving UK brands greater access to its vast customer base.
Evri said that the collaboration would “open doors for European brands and merchants, particularly in the UK, providing them access to JD.com’s vast customer base” of 600 million consumers in China”.
In November, the delivery firm also teamed up with Tesco, allowing shoppers to collect Clubcard points for every parcel sent with the delivery firm.
Click here to sign up to Retail Gazette‘s free daily email newsletter